Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Feelings

well i stayed home from work today, because i was not feeling well at all.i don't know if it was the stress of work yesterday or just the blues. i woke up with a head ache and a stomache today.rather than be miserable at work all day, i opted to stay home and pop some motrin and go back to sleep. i got up around 1pm, still having the headache but that becomes nonchalant for me. day in and day out it seems.i turned on the kereosene heater, cause the regular heater is out and i was quite chilled. oh well. things at work are just plain crazy. day in and day out people are just plain mad or upset at the banking world. it does not help that i work at a credit card company. whatever you do, if you get a letter telling you about changes in your agreement or account. don't call the company and threaten to cancel or sue....it won't do any good. the poor customer servce reps and their supervisors can't change what is done. and that is what i am dealing with at work.i am thankful that i can turn off work once i walk out the building. but when i am there, it is just darn terrible and stressful. i smile and laugh but that is only because i am a very cheerful person to begin with. if i was anyone else, i would be complaining and griping non stop. believe me we have those types at work too. but i did not want to get stuck talking about work, i think when you get to a certain age, you start to appreciate things more. i have always been a family person, always have and always will be. but i seem to appreciate everyone more now. probably after losing my mom in 2006, it just scares me to know what is next. love your family, even if they are not good to you.just extend a hand, you never know when they won't be there again.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Hey Darlin'! So many emotions for me reading your recent post, but more than anything, know that I'm here for you. I understand how difficult things are in the business world, so stay positive and control what you can control. I also know how you feel in dealing with the loss of your Mother. My Mum passed away in 1995 and I think of her everyday, as I will until the day I die. The people we love never really leave us. You took a 'mental health day' today-good for you. If you need to talk, vent, scream, whatever, I am a phone call away.

flwrbunni said...

thanks....that means a lot to me. i just have not been the same since she passed. i am just so much more emotional than i used to be.i used to be able to handle stress but these days, i begin to wander what i can handle.things are just plain crazy.